Tight Jeans

 


What is the film about:
Three black teenagers are becoming frustrated while waiting for their friend. A young white lad walks past wearing super tight jeans. The boys look on until one of them asks the pivotal question, "How can a man wear jeans that tight?" This sparks a hilarious debate about race and culture.

Who is Destiny Ekaragha:
Destiny Ekaragha is a UK based filmmaker who was named Best British Newcomer at the BFI London Film Festival 2013 and BAFTA breakthrough Brit in 2014. 

Her award-winning feature comedy GONE TOO FAR!, which played at TIFF, and had a cinematic release in the UK announced her arrival as only the third black female director in Britain to make a feature-length film. 

Following this, she started directing episodic TV, including episodes 5-8 of season 2 of THE END OF THE F**ING WORLD for Channel 4/Netflix (Winner of the BAFTA for Best Drama Series in 2020). In 2020, Destiny directed a block of Y THE LAST MAN for FX / Disney +, and then went on to direct two episodes of PAPER GIRLS (Plan B/Legendary/Plan B/Amazon) (2021), an eight-part adaptation of the cult comics by Brian K. Vaughan and Cliff Chiang. Most recently, Destiny has lead director on two episodes of Series 3 of TED LASSO Apple TV + (2021) and continues to direct on international drama projects.

What I thought about Tight Jeans:

I really enjoyed Destiny Ekaragha's short film "Tight Jeans" I thought it displayed that you don't need a big budget, fancy locations or special effects to create an immersive story. The films simple but comedic story line was really simple but made me laugh and feel like I was fully immersed and felt like I was sitting amount these three young men. After watching this and The Arrival I have defiantly found that a good short film usually has a strong centre narrative and uses usually one location and not many actors. The narrative also takes into account the length of the film and that a whole narrative arch needs to be achieved in 5 minutes.

Genre: 

Comedy/ Short 

Cinematography:

Panning shot on a rail which goes around the three characters in a semi circle. 

Medium close ups of characters

Extreme long shot from the balcony 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Initial idea presentation

Analysing the key sequences of The General.

2001 Space Odyssey PowerPoint: